The angioplasty procedure is to open blockages in the coronary arteries and restore blood flow by inflating a tiny balloon. During an angioplasty procedure, your vascular surgeon inflates a small balloon that helps to widen your blood vessel and improve blood flow inside a narrowed blood vessel. Thus, depending on the circumstances, a stent (tiny metal mesh tube) is inserted to support the artery walls by keeping the vessels wide open.
Who needs the Angioplasty procedure?
- If you have moderate to severe narrowing or blockage in one or more of your blood vessels.
- You will have symptoms of artery disease, such as pain or ulceration, in one of your limbs.
The outcome of Angioplasty Procedure
- Angioplasty procedure widens the narrowed blood vessels.
- It increases the flow of blood to the heart.
- It decreases the risk of Heart attack.
- It reduces the symptoms of angina.
- It slows the process of coronary artery disease.
Recovery Time from Angioplasty Procedure
Following the Angioplasty procedure, there must be an overnight stay for observation in the hospital.
- After the Angioplasty procedure, you will have to stay in bed for six hours.
- You will be able to walk with the help of assistance within 4 to 6 Hours.
- There has to be a careful intake of prescribed medication by your doctor.
- For 2-week non-straining exercises.
- Be sure to drink 8 to 10 glasses of clear fluids (Water is preferred).
- While taking a shower, keep the surgical area clean and dry.
- Do not use creams, lotions or ointment on the wound site.
- Wear loose clothes.
- For 3 to 4 days to prevent bleeding from the catheter insertion site do not strain during bowel movements.
Cost of Procedure
It may vary according to Hospital Standards and different stent choices. A USA FDA approved stent along with angioplasty procedure will cost around USD 3500 to 5000 depending on patient’s cardiac condition and vitals.
Treatment Possible Cares for Patients
If you are suffering from above-mentioned conditions then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for free opinion and treatment plan.