Total Hip Replacement
A patient suffering from a condition of Hip in which the patient has pain in the hip. This may cause limitation in movement, walking, and other routine activity. In a Total Hip Replacement, the painful Hip joint is removed and replaced an artificial Hip joint made of metal and plastic component. Total Hip Replacement relieves pain and makes walking and movement of Hip easier.
Who Needs Total Hip Replacement?
Hip pain and disability can be caused by many reasons but the primary reason is arthritis which also is related to aging degeneration. Some of the causes of Hip diseases are
- Osteoarthritis: This is a degeneration disease usually occurring in people above 50 years or older. The cartilage that cushions the Hipbone wears away. This causes the bones to rub against each other causing pain and stiffness. Osteoarthritis can also develop or be accelerated by development irregularities during childhood.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: In this disease, the Synovial membrane becomes inflamed and thickened. It is an autoimmune disease. This chronic inflammation can damage the cartilage this causing pain and stiffness in the hip thus limiting the ability to carry out normal activity. It is also called as inflammatory arthritis and is a common type of group disorder.
- Trauma: If a Hip was injured in a trauma or accident, the cartilage can be damaged or the hip joints can be deformed post trauma. It can cause pain and stiffness in Hip area.
- Avascular Necrosis: An injury to the hip or hip area may limit blood supply to the femoral head. Due to lack of blood supply to this area, the surface of the bone may start to erode or collapse resulting in arthritis. This is also called as Osteonecrosis.
- Childhood Hip Disease: Childhood hip disease are treatable but later in their life, it may cause arthritis. This happens as the disease may have caused abnormality in growth and Hip Joint may be affected.
You maybe be suffering from any of the above disease or condition but it may not necessarily be required Total Hip Replacement. However, if the Hip pain limits your everyday activity, causes a high degree of pain even while resting then you should consider Total Hip Replacement. Please send your medical reports and X-Ray for a free Joint Specialist Opinion.
Total Hip Replacement Procedure
The cartilage would have worn out causing friction between bone joints. This friction also damages the bone. During the surgery, the surgeon will cut at the side of hip to gain access to the hip joint. After that, the ball portion of the thighbone is removed by cutting the thighbone. After that artificial joint is attached using cement. After that, the surgeon prepared the surface of hipbone by removing the damaged cartilage and attaches the replacement socket to the hipbone. The new ball part of the thighbone is then inserted into the socket part of the hip.
In India Surgeon’s use recent technique to minimize the incision. This will reduce blood loss, enable quicker recovery and minimize pain. If you are looking for a bloodless Total Knee Replacement then we can help you with surgeons trained to carry our bloodless surgery.
Recovery after Total Hip Replacement
After surgery, you will be moved to the recovery room for few hours after which you will be moved to your room. Your physiotherapist will start moving your Hip from next day and after that, you will be able to start exercise for quicker recovery. You will be able to function normally within 1 to 2 months varying on the pace of your recovery.
Cost of Total Hip Replacement in India
Total Knee Replacement will cost you USD 4500 in a twin sharing room and USD 5500 in a single room. This is standard tariff using standard US FDA approved implant. If a specialized implant is required then the cost will increase.
Treatment Possible for patients needing Total Hip Replacement
Treatment Possible ensures high-quality surgery is provided while we guarantee the lowest cost. Our understanding of Indian Healthcare market and our valued relation with surgeons enables us to provide a cost that is reasonable, affordable and transparent. You can send your reports to firstname.lastname@example.org for free opinion and suggestion from best surgeons in India.