What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy uses extremely cold temperatures to treat tumors. Cryotherapy treats Liver cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, and bone cancer. It also treats small tumors in the retina, early-stage skin cancers, precancerous skin growths, and precancerous cervical growths. Cryotherapy can reduce swelling and it is effective when you are managing pain with swelling, especially around a joint or tendon. This is the simplest, time-tested remedy for managing pain and swelling.
Cryotherapy is a technique where the body is exposed to extremely cold temperatures for several minutes. This can be delivered to just one area, or it can be delivered to the whole-body. Localized cryotherapy can be given in a number of ways, including through ice packs, ice massage, coolant sprays, ice baths.
In whole-body cryotherapy, the individual will stand in an enclosed chamber that surrounds their body but has an opening for their head at the top. The enclosed chamber will drop to the temperature between negative 200–300°F. They will remain in the enclosed chamber for two and four minutes.
Cryotherapy for pain relief may be used for:
- Runner’s knee
- Arthritis pain
- Pain and swelling caused after a hip replacement or knee replacement
- To treat pain that is under a cast
- Lower back pain
The Cost of Cryotherapy in India ranges from USD 300 to USD 500 per dose.
Request a Free Estimate
How does Cryotherapy work?
Cryotherapy involves freezing the cancer cells and blocking their blood supply. Tiny needles are placed right into the tumor. Argon gases are passed through the needles and exchanged with helium gases. This causes a freezing and warming cycle. The frozen, dead tissue then melts away.
What are the Benefits of Cryotherapy?
- Reduces migraine symptoms
- Numbs nerve irritation
- Reducing anxiety, helps treat mood disorders and depression
- Reduces arthritis pain
- Helps to prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Pain relief and muscle healing
- Reduced inflammation
- Preventing dementia
- Preventing and treating cancer
- Improving symptoms of eczema
- Treats atopic dermatitis and other skin conditions
What are the Guidelines for Cryotherapy?
When a person is receiving whole body cryotherapy, it is advisable to wear loose-fitting clothing.
- It is also advisable to move around during the therapy to keep blood flowing in the body.
- Cryotherapy should be avoided if you are Pregnant women, children, people with severe high blood pressure, and people with heart conditions.
- This should also be avoided if you are diabetic because you are unable to feel its effect, which could lead to further nerve damage.
- Cryotherapy treatment which is given longer than a few minutes can be fatal.
Does Cryotherapy treat Prostate Cancer?
This is a good treatment option for prostate cancer treatment in the following situations:
- Men with cancer in the prostate gland that hasn’t spread to other parts of the body
- When the goal isn’t to cure, it may be useful for men who have cancer that has spread beyond the prostate gland and need treatment for symptoms
- Sometimes it’s used for men who have had unsuccessful results with radiation therapy.
**Cryotherapy is not recommended for men who have a very large prostate gland.
What are the Complications of Cryotherapy?
The most common side effects of any type of cryotherapy are numbness, tingling, redness, and irritation of the skin. These side effects are almost always temporary.
You should never use cryotherapy for longer than is recommended for the method of therapy you’re using. For whole body cryotherapy, this would be more than four minutes. If you’re using an ice pack or ice bath at home, you should never apply ice to the area for more than 20 minutes. Wrap ice packs in a towel so you don’t damage your skin.
Care at Treatment Possible:
You can also send your medical reports for treatment with the best hospital in India to email@example.com for free opinions and suggestions from Top Cancer Specialist in India with the hassle-free setup of post-operative recovery care, medical travel & stay during the Medical treatment. No matter what the health condition, you always get good healthcare options and cost advantage from Treatment Possible**
From Treatment To Recovery, We Are Always There With You!
Medical Visa Letter
We provide a Medical visa letter for which we require the scanned passport copies of the patient and attendant.
Arrange An Appointment With A Surgeon
We arrange for the appointment with the surgeon, confirm for the hospital room and operation theatre (if required)
Post Surgery Follow Up
We help you to fix your telephonic appointment for future follow-ups
We arrange for complimentary pickup and drop services from the airport.
All The Necessary Arrangements
We arrange for hospital admission, forex exchange, sim card and local assistance
No Need To Worry About Essential Expenses!
We help in sorting out the hospital bill, return ticket, medicines and other essential purchases.