Tetralogy of Fallot Treatment in India:
You may have learnt about this condition because your child started showing symptoms after his/her birth. But the good news is that it didn’t go undetected and so it can be treated. Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) is a Congenital Heart Condition and fortunately it can be treated. Your child can go on to lead a normal life after proper treatment. It is crucial that your child gets the surgery done at the earliest or else it will not only put the kid’s physical development at risk but also their life.
Due to advancement in the field of Cardiology, India is considered amongst the leading destination for Pediatric Cardiac conditions like Tetralogy of Fallot. Over the decades, post-surgical results in India have proved that surgeons in India are at par or even better in comparison to their peers. Some of our Pediatric Heart patients were refused hope by European surgeons. In case of Tetralogy of Fallot, surgery is supposed to be performed preferably before they turn 4 years old. Beyond that age, there are chances of developing irreversible Pulmonary Hypertension. But such complex cases are welcomed in India. As you will see in our testimonials, our Pediatric Cardiac surgeons are highly efficient and trained to handle such complex cases.
What is the Tetralogy of Fallot Surgery cost in India?
The Tetralogy of Fallot Surgery cost in India: USD 3800 to USD 4500.
Stay in India for Treatment of Tetralogy of Fallot:
- Hospital stay: 7 to 10 days
- Post-surgery stay for Follow-up: 10 days
Total length of stay in India for Tetralogy of Fallot: 21 days
**Please note that surgery can be a Catheterization Procedure or an Open Surgery depending on the defect that needs to be repaired.
Please click on our tool kit to help you Plan treatment in India for Tetralogy of Fallot.
What is Tetralogy of Fallot?
Tetralogy means four. Fallot is derived from the name of French physician who described this cardiac defect. Lets us try to understand Heart anatomy or structure to understand the condition.
- Heart has 4 chambers, 2 chambers on each right and left side. Chambers on topside are called Atrium and ones on the lower side are called Ventricle.
- Both right and left side is divided by a wall made of muscle and membrane. This wall is called Septal.
The circulation system is easy to understand but complex in its function.
- Deoxygenated blood reaches heart landing on top right of the heart called Right Atrium. From there it goes to Right Ventricle (right lower chamber).
- From the lower chamber it is pumped into our lungs through Pulmonary Artery. When the blood reaches lungs it receives oxygen and is ready to be supplied to the body again.
- The oxygenated blood from lungs flows through pulmonary veins into your left atrium (left top chamber).
- From left atrium it goes to left ventricle (left lower chamber) which is pumped to our body.
- If there is any kind of defect in heart then this function is compromised, and level of oxygen required in the blood drops. That’s when we see baby turning pale or showing blue color; also commonly referred as Blue Baby syndrome.
So let’s see what are the 4 main defects in this condition.
1. Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD): A hole between the wall dividing left and right ventricle. In this condition, deoxygenated blood gets mixed with oxygenated blood which the heart pumps to body. This causes fall in body’s oxygen level.
2. Pulmonary Stenosis: In this condition, the pulmonary valve is narrow due to its thickening. Therefore, the heart must pump faster to pump blood to the lungs. This puts lot of pressure on heart which can cause Hypertension.
3. Right Ventricular Hypertrophy: In this condition, walls of right ventricle thickens which also happens due to heart pumping blood faster due to Pulmonary Stenosis
4. Overriding Aorta: Aorta is supposed to be connected to left ventricle through which oxygenated blood is supplied by heart to the body. But in condition of overriding aorta, the aorta is placed between right and left ventricle instead of being placed on left ventricle only. As a result, deoxygenated blood travels to aorta instead of pulmonary artery, and it gets carried to body without getting reoxygenated.
What are the Symptoms of Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)?
Early symptoms of Tetralogy of Fallot includes Cyanosis which means skin turning blueish in color due to lack of oxygen in blood. Due to the defect in the heart, the impure deoxygenated blood gets mixed with oxygenated blood causing drop in overall saturation level in the body. This causes blue coloring of lips, finger tips and other areas. The other Symptoms of Tetralogy of Fallot includes:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Falling unconscious
- Low weight gain
- Heart Murmur
- Clubbed Fingernails
Tetralogy of Fallot Surgery at Treatment Possible:
Treatment Possible is associated with the Best Cardiac Surgeon for Tetralogy of Fallot surgery who are experienced in operating complex cases and ensure the highest success rate. We only work with Top 10 hospital for Tetralogy of Fallot Treatment in India that are equipped with OT that are compatible with complex Cardiac Surgeries.
Our understanding of the Indian Healthcare market and our valued relation with best hospitals for Tetralogy of Fallot surgery enables us to maintain the cost that are reasonable, affordable and transparent. The Tetralogy of Fallot surgery cost in India through Treatment Possible can be 10-20% lower than similar companies in India and 50-60% cheaper than in other countries.
You can also send your medical reports for Tetralogy of Fallot surgery to firstname.lastname@example.org for free opinions and suggestions from The Best Cardiac Surgeon in India with the hassle-free setup of post-operative recovery care, medical travel & stay during the Tetralogy of Fallot treatment. No matter what the health condition, you always get good healthcare options and cost advantage from Treatment Possible.
From Treatment To Recovery, We Are Always There With You!
Medical Visa Letter
We provide a Medical visa letter for which we require the scanned passport copies of the patient and attendant.
Arrange An Appointment With A Surgeon
We arrange for the appointment with the surgeon, confirm for the hospital room and operation theatre (if required)
Post Surgery Follow Up
We help you to fix your telephonic appointment for future follow-ups
We arrange for complimentary pickup and drop services from the airport.
All The Necessary Arrangements
We arrange for hospital admission, forex exchange, sim card and local assistance
No Need To Worry About Essential Expenses!
We help in sorting out the hospital bill, return ticket, medicines and other essential purchases.