What is Laparoscopy Surgery?
Laparoscopic procedure is a minimally invasive surgery in children ranging from the newborn to teenage. This involves performing the basic procedures in newborn. Pediatric Laparoscopic surgery is when small cuts are used to perform the surgery and it is popularly known as the Key Hole Surgery. A major surgery takes a long time to heal, but laparoscopic surgery has a faster recovery time.
The List of Pediatric Conditions and Operations for Which Minimally Invasive Methods Are Used:
- Repair of Inguinal hernia
- Orchidopexy (Non-Palpable Undescended Testis)
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in chronic abdominal pain
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in bleeding in stool
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in intersex disorders
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in non-palpable undescended testis
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in Ascites due to unknown ethology
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Hirschsprung’s disease (Single or multi-stage)
- Laparoscopic pull-through for Imperforate anus
- Nissen Fundoplication
- Removal of gallbladder
- Removal of spleen and kidney
- Excision of cysts in the abdomen
- Surgery for Achalasia Cardia
- Surgery for Malrotation of small bowel
- Surgery for Meckel’s diverticulum
- Abdominal lymph node biopsy
- Nephrectomy, Nephroureterectomy
- Pyeloplasty, Pyelo & Ureterolithotomy
- Ovarian surgery
Indications of Thoracoscopy Surgeries:
- Empyema surgery
- Lung Biopsy & Lung resection
- Excision of lung cyst
- Division of PDA and Thymectomy
- Repair of Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Repair of TEF
- Esophageal surgery
- Lung biopsy
Request a Free Estimate
What are the Advantages of Pediatric Laparoscopy?
- Smaller incisions
- Less pain
- Minimal blood loss
- Decreased risk of infection
- Reduced length of stay in the hospital
- Shorter recovery
- Improved cosmesis
How is Pediatric Laparoscopy Surgery Performed?
Step 1 – Your child will be given general anesthesia. Few slits will be made in the abdomen, each side of the belly and above or below the belly button, depending on the type of surgery.
Step 2 – A tube is put into one of the slits and the abdomen is filled with carbon dioxide to make place for the surgeon to operate.
Step 3 – A small telescope called a laparoscope is put through one of the tubes. A picture of your child’s internal organs is shown on a television screen in the Operating Room.
Step 4 – The surgeon uses the tubes to insert instruments for the surgery.
What happens after Laparoscopy Surgery?
- Your child will wake up in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) and he or she may be in the PACU for 1 to 2 hours.
- When your child recovers from the anesthetic, he will be taken back to his room.
- Your child will receive antibiotics and pain medicines, through an IV (intravenous line).
- Your child will be advised to get up and walk around after surgery. This helps to activate the bowels, and help with breathing and blood circulation.
- Your child will be allowed to eat after there are signs that the bowel is working (passing gas, a bowel movement or “growling” sounds in the belly). This is usually a few hours after surgery.
- When allowed to eat, your child will be given clear liquids such as water, fruit punch and broth. If he has no problems drinking liquids, then he will be allowed to have a regular meal.
- Showers are allowed but incision sites should be dried well after the shower. Your child may not go swimming or take tub baths for 2 weeks immediately after surgery.
Care at Treatment Possible:
Treatment Possible is associated with the Best Laparoscopic surgeon in India who are experienced in operating complex cases and ensure the highest success rate. We only work with Best Hospital for Laparoscopic Surgery.
Our understanding of the Indian Healthcare market and our valued relation with Best Hospital for Laparoscopic Surgery enables us to maintain the cost that are reasonable, affordable and transparent. Laparoscopy Surgery Cost in India through Treatment Possible can be 10-20% lower than similar companies in India and 50-60% cheaper than in other countries.
You can also send your medical reports for Laparoscopy Surgery to firstname.lastname@example.org for free opinions and suggestions from The Best Laparoscopic Surgeon in India with the hassle-free setup of post-operative recovery care, medical travel & stay during the Medical treatment. No matter what the health condition, you always get good healthcare options and cost advantage from Treatment Possible.
From Treatment To Recovery, We Are Always There With You!
Medical Visa Letter
We provide a Medical visa letter for which we require the scanned passport copies of the patient and attendant.
Arrange An Appointment With A Surgeon
We arrange for the appointment with the surgeon, confirm for the hospital room and operation theatre (if required)
Post Surgery Follow Up
We help you to fix your telephonic appointment for future follow-ups
We arrange for complimentary pickup and drop services from the airport.
All The Necessary Arrangements
We arrange for hospital admission, forex exchange, sim card and local assistance
No Need To Worry About Essential Expenses!
We help in sorting out the hospital bill, return ticket, medicines and other essential purchases.
Frequently asked Questions:
How is Keyhole surgery performed?
The surgeon inserts small, hollow tubes, called cannulas, through small slits (incisions) in your child’s skin. Then special instruments are placed inside the tubes. These instruments allow the surgeon to have a better view and operate on your child.
What ages do pediatric surgeons work with?
A pediatric surgeon is a medically qualified doctor who treats children from birth up to 18 years of age.
What are common complications of laparoscopy?
The most common complications of laparoscopic surgery are vascular injuries, bowel injuries, genitourinary injuries, and incisional hernias. The other complications are port-site metastases and gas embolism.