Patent Ductus Arteriosus Treatment in India:
With the advancement in the field of Cardiology, India is considered amongst the leading destinations for Pediatric Cardiac conditions like Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA). Over the decades, post-surgical results in India have proved that surgeons in India are at par or even better in comparison to their peers. Some of our Pediatric Heart patients were refused hope by European surgeons. As you will see in our testimonials, our Pediatric Cardiac surgeons are highly efficient and trained to handle such complex cases. India offers world-class hospitals and highly trained professional staff, who are trained in medically advanced countries.
Treatment Possible ensures high-quality PDA treatment in India at a price that is reasonable, affordable and transparent. We use our expertise to benefit the patients and make their ‘treatment possible’ at the lowest cost by the best-renowned doctors and hospitals in India.
What is the PDA Closure Surgery Cost in India?
The PDA Closure surgery cost in India: 4000 USD
Stay in India for PDA closure:
- Hospital stay: 4-5 days
- Post-surgery stay for Follow-up: 2 weeks
Total length of stay for PDA closure in India: 3 weeks
The PDA Closure Surgery Cost in India is USD 4000
What is the PDA Closure Non-Surgical Cost in India?
The Cardiac Catheterization cost in India: 2500 – 3000 USD
Stay in India for PDA closure:
- Hospital stay: 2-3 days
- Post-surgery stay for Follow-up: 1 week
Total length of stay for PDA closure in India: 2 weeks
The Cardiac Catheterization Cost in India is USD 2500 to USD 3000
Please click on our tool kit to help you Plan for PDA closure in India.
What is Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)?
A blood vessel called the Ductus Arteriosus connects the aorta and pulmonary artery, when the child is in the mother’s womb. This allows blood to flow from the pulmonary artery to the aorta and to the body without passing through the lungs. This is because the developing child gets oxygenated blood from the mother, and not from their own lungs.
Soon after the baby is born, the Ductus Arteriosus should close to prevent mixing oxygen-poor blood from the pulmonary artery with oxygen-rich blood from the aorta. But when Ductus Arteriosus does not close, the baby has Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA). This means that blood vessels in the lungs have to handle more blood than normal, which causes the heart and lungs to overwork and makes breathing more difficult.
What Are the Symptoms of Patent Ductus Arteriosus?
A newborn child with PDA will have the following symptoms:
- rapid breathing
- rapid pulse or heart rate
- poor weight gain because of feeding issues
- feeding difficulties
* Doctors usually recommend chest x-ray, an EKG with color flow and Doppler studies to diagnose PDA.
Want more clarification about medical expense & treatment plan?
Plan Your PDA closure In IndiaGet a Free Doctor's OpinionWhatapp Us
What are the Treatment options for a Patent Ductus Arteriosus?
The Treatment options for a Patent Ductus Arteriosus include:
- Monitoring: A small Patent Ductus Arteriosus usually does not cause problems and might never need treatment. So, doctors will monitor the heart and blood vessel closely to determine whether the PDA is not closing properly or too small to cause a problem.
- Open-heart surgery: Babies who undergo surgery to close their PDA may face more risk and a longer recovery in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The surgeons will make an incision in the side of the chest, then they close the PDA with stitches (sutures) or a metal clip.
- Transcatheter PDA closure: For newborn babies, a transcatheter PDA closure or non-surgical PDA closure procedure is usually preferable because it presents less risk and a shorter recovery time. During Cardiac Catheterization, experts insert a thin, flexible tube (catheter) into the groin and thread it up through a blood vessel to the heart. They insert a plug or coil into the heart through the catheter to close the PDA thus stopping Patent Ductus Arteriosus blood flow. In cardiac catheterization procedure, a small device is placed in the vessel, which closes the PDA. This procedure is also called “minimally-invasive PDA Closure” or “PDA Occlusion.” (Occlusion means blocking or closing a blood vessel).
PDA Closure at Treatment Possible:
Treatment Possible is associated with the Best Cardiac Surgeons for PDA closure who are experienced in operating complex cases and ensure the highest success rate. We only work with Top 10 hospital for PDA closure in India that are equipped with OT that are compatible with complex Cardiac Surgeries.
Our understanding of the Indian Healthcare market and our valued relation with best hospitals for PDA closure enables us to maintain the cost that are reasonable, affordable and transparent. The PDA Closure cost in India through Treatment Possible can be 10-20% lower than similar companies in India and 50-60% cheaper than in other countries.
You can also send your medical reports for PDA closure to firstname.lastname@example.org for free opinions and suggestions from The Best Cardiac Surgeon in India with hassle-free care, medical travel & stay during the PDA closure. No matter what the health conditions, you always get good healthcare options and cost advantages from Treatment Possible.
Learn why Treatment Possible is the best place for your child’s cardiac surgery.
The Next Steps for PDA Closure:
Would you like to learn more about us?
Learn more about our Successful Pediatric Cases at Treatment Possible
Do you have questions about your child’s condition?
Contact +91 89288 11870 or fill the form.